About the Club

Ochilview Park

East Stirlingshire Football Club is a Scottish association football club based in the town of Falkirk. The club was founded in 1881 and competes in the Scottish League Two as a member of the Scottish Professional Football League. The club’s origins can be traced to 1880 when a local cricket club formed a football team under the name Britannia, based in the village of Bainsford.

The club was elected to the Scottish Football League in 1900–01 and has competed in the league system for most of its existence. East Stirlingshire has won the second tier of Scottish football once and finished runners-up once, earning promotion to the top-flight on both occasions. The club’s highest league ranking came during the two solitary seasons it competed in the top flight in 1932–33 and 1963–64. League restructuring for the 2013–14 season saw the creation of the Scottish League Two, which the club competes in.

East Stirlingshire first entered in the Scottish Cup in 1882, its best result reaching the quarter-finals on three occasions, the last in 1981. The club’s best result in a national cup competition was in the 2000–01 season when it reached the semi-finals of the Scottish Challenge Cup, losing to Livingston for a place in the final. In 2008, the club left Firs Park and moved to Ochilview Park to ground-share with local rivals Stenhousemuir.